開口說英語─生活英語/英文短句1000句-3 (第661~889句)

【中高級】 生活英語 661-700句

661. I’m looking forward to a prompt reply. 盼迅速答覆。
662. It is an excellent novel in every way. 無論從哪方面來看,這都是一本優秀的小說。
663. It is clear that the cat has eaten it! 很明顯,是貓偷吃的!
664. Nothing but death can part the couple. 除了死之外,什麼也拆不散這一對。
665. Now she looks pale as if she were ill. 現在她臉色難看,好像病了一樣。
666. She was injured badly in the accident. 她在這次意外中受到重傷。
667. The secret was spread among the crowd. 秘密在人群當中傳播開來。
668. The two brothers look very much alike. 這兄弟倆看上去很相像。
669. Their interest is listening to others. 他們的興趣是聽別人說話。
670. There was a notice in the supermarket. 超市裏有一個佈告。
671. This one cannot compare with that one. 這個與那個無法比較。
672. To know everything is to know nothing. 樣樣通,樣樣不精。
673. To tell the truth, I don’t like disco. 說實話,我不喜歡迪斯可。
674. True and False have opposite meanings. 真與假含義完全相反。
675. What’s the point of going to college? 上大學有何用?
676. Where can we make the insurance claim? 我們可以在哪提出保險賠償?
677. Why don’t I pick you up at your house? 為什麼不讓我去接你呢?
678. Why don’t you attend an aerobic class? 你為什麼不去參加一個有氧健身班呢?
679. You can kill two birds with one stone. 一舉兩得。
680. You can’t go in no matter who you are. 不管你是誰,都不能進去。
681. You should learn these words by heart. 你應該把這些詞背熟。
682. Could I have those two tickets, please? 兩張票給我行不行?
683. He has to take care of his sick mother. 他得照顧他生病的母親。
684. He hired a workman to repair the fence. 他雇用了一個工人修理圍墻。
685. I can’t make this machine run properly. 我無法使這部機器正常運轉。
686. I don’t know if I’ll have the patience. 我不知道我有沒有耐心。
687. I don’t like what you are saying. 我不喜歡你說的話。
688. I fell in love with her at first sight. 我第一眼見到她就愛上了她。
689. I have just heard from my sister, Mary. 我剛收到我妹妹瑪麗的一封信。
690. If you would only try, you could do it. 只要你肯嘗試,你一定能做這件事。
691. It is no use learning without thinking. 學而不思則惘。
692. It was a lazy, breezy autumn afternoon. 這是一個懶散的,起風的秋日下午。
693. Jack is the strongest boy in the class. 傑克是全班最強壯的男孩。
694. Please fetch a chair from another room. 請到別的房間取一把椅子。
695. The doctor began to operate on the boy. 醫生開始給那個男孩動手術。
696. The doctor is taking my blood pressure. 醫生正給我量血壓。
697. The machines will not operate properly. 那些機器不能正常運轉。
698. The students declared against cheating. 學生們表示反對作弊。
699. There is hope as long as he is with us. 只要他在,就有希望。
700. He talks as if he were the head of the office. 他說話的口氣像辦公室主任似的。

【高 級】 生活英語 701-800句

701. His cake is three times bigger than mine. 他的蛋糕比我的大三倍。
702. I am looking forward to your early reply. 希望早日得到你的答覆。
703. I could say nothing but that I was sorry.我除了說“對不起”外,什麼也說不出來。
704. I don’t know how to express my gratitude. 我不知道怎樣來表達我的感激之情。
705. I have to catch a plane. Could you hurry? 你能快點嗎? 我要趕搭飛機。
706. I haven’t heard from her for a long time. 我好久沒有她的消息了。
707. I would like to wash the clothes for you. 我願意幫你洗這些衣服。
708. Let me see your driver’s license, please. 請讓我看看你的駕駛執照。
709. She goes to work every day except Sunday. 除星期天外,他每天去上班。
710. Take a seat please, make yourself at home. 請坐,隨便一點。
711. The damage was caused by external forces. 損害是由外力引起的。
712. The doctor advised me to give up smoking. 醫生建議我戒煙。
713. The flowers make the room more beautiful. 花朵使房間變得更加美了。
714. There is a good restaurant on the street. 那條大街上有一個很好的餐館。
715. They covered 120 miles in a single night. 他們僅一夜就走了120英里路。
716. Try to look on the bright side of things. 儘量從好的方面看。
717. What’s your plan for the summer vacation? 你暑假打算幹什麼?
718. You may pick whichever one you like best. 你可以挑你最喜歡的。
719. You’re welcome to stay with us next time. 歡迎您下次再光臨我們的飯店。
720. There was a murder in London yesterday. 昨天倫敦發生了一起謀殺案。
721. They stared at the huge tiger with awe. 他們敬畏地看著那頭巨虎。
722. He never misses a chance to see a movie. 他從不錯過看電影的機會。
723. I cannot put up with my noisy roommates. 我受不了我那些吵鬧的室友了。
724. I will be back by the end of next month. 我下個月底會回來。
725. I’m good at freestyle and breast stroke. 我擅長自由式和蛙泳。
726. It was your turn to wash them yesterday. 昨天輪到你把它們洗乾淨。
727. Let’s go out to have a dinner, shall we? 咱們出去吃飯吧,好嗎?
728. Please push the ladder against the wall. 請把梯子靠在牆壁上。
729. She is standing in the front of the bus. 她站在公共汽車的前面。
730. The doctor asked me to watch what I eat. 醫生要我注意飲食。
731. The grass is moist early in the morning. 清晨的草地濕漉漉的。
732. The test finished. We began our holiday. 考試結束了,我們開始放假。
733. This question is too complicated for me. 這個問題對我說來太複雜了。
734. Tony speaks English and he plays tennis. 東尼會說英語,打網球。
735. What is worth doing is worth doing well. 只要覺得某事值得做,就要把它做好。
736. Would you like to go to a party with me? 你想不想和我一起去參加一個聚會?
737. All at once, a rabbit came out of a hole.突然,一隻兔子從一個洞中跑了出來。
738. All characters in the book are imaginary.書中所有的人物都是虛構的。
739. Do you feel like going to that new disco? 你想去那個新開的迪斯可廳?
740. Ducks know how to swim when they are born. 鴨子天生會游泳。
741. He spent most of his life gathering money. 他一生大部分時間用來積聚錢財。
742. He usually stays at home with his pet dog. 他通常跟他的愛犬待在家裏。
743. How peaceful and beautiful the country is! 鄉下多麼平靜美麗!
744. I am told that you dance wonderfully well. 我聽說你的舞跳得特棒。
745. I have had several conversations with him. 我已經和他談過幾次了。
746. It is the best film that I have ever seen. 這是我所看過的最好的電影。
747. It’s only a party in honor of my birthday.這只是為了慶祝我的生日而舉行的晚會。
748. Learning English is like building a house. 學英語像蓋房子。
749. Listening with your heart is good for you. 專心聆聽別人說話對你有好處。
750. My grandpa died of hunger in the old days. 我爺爺在舊社會死於饑餓。
751. She feared staying alone in the farmhouse. 她害怕一個人留在農舍裏。
752. She guided the tourists around the castle. 她引導旅遊者參觀了這座城堡。
753. She runs everyday in order to lose weight. 她每天都跑步是為了減肥。
754. She sang perfectly in the hall last night. 她昨晚在大廳唱得非常好。
755. Somebody is always complaining to others.有人總是向別人抱怨。
756. They don’t often have a bad day this year. 他們今年的運氣還不錯。
757. We regard the matter as nothing important. 我們認為這件事情不重要。
758. We’ll take our holiday sometime in August. 我們將在八月份的某個時候休假。
759. Could you direct me to the station, please? 請問到車站怎麼走?
760. Have you cleared your luggage with customs? 你的行李通關了嗎?
761. He bothered me with a great many questions.他對我提了一大堆問題,真煩!
762. He does exercises every day in the morning. 他每天早上鍛練身體。
763. How do I control myself? I can’t calm down.我怎能控制我自己?我無法冷靜下來。
764. I dig songs and I like pop music very much. 我特別喜歡歌曲和流行音樂。
765. I’d like to cash a traveler’s check please. 我想兌換旅行支票。
766. I’d like to pick sea shells this afternoon. 今天下午我想去撿貝殼。
767. It’s odd that they didn’t reply our letter. 他們沒有給我們回信,這真奇怪。
768. John seldom gets together with his friends. 約翰很少與朋友聚在一起。
769. Many people have been out of work recently. 最近有許多人失業。
770. Please give my best regards to your family.請代我向你們全家致以最誠摯的問候。
771. Some people have compared books to friends. 有些人把書比作朋友。
772. The bat together with the balls was stolen. 球拍和球全被偷了。
773. The color of her dress suits her very well. 她衣服的顏色很適合她。
774. The days get longer and the nights get shorter. 白天變長了,黑夜變短了。
775. The dress doesn’t fit her. She is too thin. 這件衣服不適合她,她太瘦了。
776. The examination put a lot of stress on him. 那次考試給了他很大的壓力。
777. The mother sat the child at a little table. 母親安排孩子坐到小桌旁。
778. There is some difference between the twins. 這對雙胞胎有點兒不一樣。
779. They insisted on staying rather than going. 他們堅持留下來,而不願意走
780. Trust me, the game is really worth playing. 相信我,這遊戲確實值得一玩。
781. Unlike her friends, she never gave up hope.
與她的朋友的不同之處是,她從不放棄希望。
782. Well done! You are always doing a good job! 幹得不錯! 你總是幹得很出色!
783. We’re planning a tour to Italy this summer. 我們計劃今年夏天到義大利去旅行。
784. Were there any letters for me this morning? 今天早上有我的信嗎?
785. Why isn’t Mrs. Lee’s cat catching the mice? 李太太的貓為何不在抓這些老鼠呢?
786. Your English is improving little by little.你的英語正在漸漸提高。
787. Could you tell me where I can wash my hands? 請問洗手間怎麼走?
788. Do you have any plans for the long weekend? 你有辦法打發這個漫長的週末嗎?
789. He decided to bring a suit against his boss. 他決定起訴他的老闆。
790. He devoted his life to the study of science. 他把畢生獻給科學研究。
791. He had to choose between death and dishonor. 他不得不在死亡和恥辱之間選擇。
792. His previous attempts had been unsuccessful. 他以前的嘗試沒有成功。
793. I determined that nothing should be changed. 我決定什麼都不改變。
794. I don’t think it will lead to a good result. 我認為這事不會有什麼好結果。
795. I have 4 books and 2 magazines to check out.我有4本書和2本雜誌要借。
796. I think I’ve filled in everything correctly. 我想各項都填對了。
797. I’m not sure whether I have locked the door. 我沒把握是否鎖了門。
798. It took him a little time to fix that watch. 他很快就把錶修理好了。
799. My father is at home looking for the ticket. 我爸爸正在家裏找票呢!
800. Not until last week did I get a work permit. 直到上周我才拿到工作許可證。

【高 級】 生活英語 801-900句

801. She intends to make teaching her profession. 她想以教書為職業。
802. The letter “x” stands for an unknown number. 字母x代表未知數。
803. The sight of the dead body scared him stiff. 看到屍體把他嚇僵了。
804. There are lots of huge buildings in Beijing. 在北京有許多高大的建築物。
805. There is an interesting film on Channel one. 在一頻道有一部有趣的電影。
806. They plan to immigrate to Finland next year. 他們計劃明年移居芬蘭。
807. We enjoyed driving along the new expressway.
我們喜歡沿著新建的高速公路開車。
808. We need to cooperate perfectly to win the game.
要想贏得比賽,我們需要密切配合。
809. We need more than listening. We need action!
我們需要的不光是聽得進意見,我們要的是行動。
810. Yes. I wouldn’t go home early if I were you. 是的,如果我是你,我不會早回家。
811. Your answer is satisfying. I feel satisfied. 你的答案是令人滿意的。我感到很滿意。
812. Betty and Susan are talking on the telephone. 貝蒂和蘇珊正在通電話。
813. Great efforts ensure the success of our work. 巨大的努力確保了我們工作的成功。
814. He has tasted the sweets and bitters of life. 他已嘗遍了人生的甜酸苦辣。
815. He said he was educated in the United States. 他說他是在美國受的教育。
816. How do you like our English literature professor?
你覺得我們的英國文學課的教授怎麼樣?
817. I am looking forward to your visit next week. 我期待著你下周來訪。
818. I feel I am the happiest person in the world. 我覺得自己是世界上最幸福的人了。
819. I had to sit up all night writing the report. 我不得不熬通宵寫報告。
820. I hope we can see each other again some time. 希望還能有相見的機會。
821. I saw him playing football on the playground. 我看見他在操場上踢足球。
822. It is tomorrow that they will have a meeting.
就在明天(而不是在別的某一天)他們要開會。
823. Let me tell you some details about clearance.讓我告訴你一些通關的細節。
824. The brain needs a continuous supply of blood.大腦需要連續不斷地供血。
825. The doctor’s words made him feel comfortable.醫生的話讓他感覺很舒服。
826. The truth is quite other than what you think. 事實真相和你所想的完全不同。
827. They stopped talking when their boss came in.
當老闆進來的時候;他們停止了交談。
828. They were glad of the examination being over. 他們為考試結束了而高興。
829. This is by far the largest cake in the world. 這是目前世界上最大的蛋糕了。
830. Whichever you choose, you won’t be satisfied.不論你選擇哪一個,你都不會滿意。
831. Will you connect this wire to the television? 你把這根電線和電視機接上好嗎?
832. His words are strongly impressed on my memory.他的話深深地銘記在我的心頭。
833. Is this the right bus for the Capital Library? 這輛車到首都圖書館嗎?
834. One third of this area is covered with forest. 這一地區三分之一的地方都是森林。
835. They are arguing over who should pay the bill. 他們為誰應該付款而爭論不休。
836. Wait a moment, I’ll be with you in an instant. 等一下,我立刻就來。
837. You’ll save time not waiting for the elevator. 你可以節省等電梯的時間。
838. A clear conscience laughs at false accusation.
只要問心無愧,無端的指責可以一笑置之。
839. I have a headache, and she has a stomachache. 我頭疼,她胃疼。
840. He glared at Bill, ready to teach him a lesson. 他怒視著比爾,準備教訓他一頓。
841. I assure you that you will feel no pain at all. 我保證你根本不會覺得疼的。
842. I can’t afford to go to a restaurant every day.每天都去餐館吃飯,我真是支付不起。
843. I left at 6:00 so that I could catch the train. 我六點鐘出門,以便趕上火車。
844. I’m afraid I have some rather bad news for you.我恐怕有些很壞的消息要告訴你。
845. Learn to say the right thing at the right time. 學會在適當的時候說適當的話。
846. No wonder you can’t sleep when you eat so much. 你吃這麼多難怪睡不著。
847. Please ask her to call me back when she’s back. 她回來時請讓她給我回個電話。
848. There are a lot of people in the swimming pool. 游泳池裏擠滿了人。
849. They have to work hard to support their family.
他們必須努力工作來支援他們的家。
850. This way, he can kill two birds with one stone. 這樣他就能兩全其美。
851. We are all taking medicine against the disease. 我們都服藥治療疾病。
852. Would you please go to a dancing party with me?
請你跟我一起去參加一個舞會好嗎?
853. He usually drops in at my place on his way home.他常在回家的路上順便來看我。
854. His vanity was hurt by their talking so frankly.
他們坦率的談話傷害了他的虛榮心。
855. How would you go to Beijing, by air or by train?
你怎樣去北京,是乘飛機還是坐火車?
856. I cannot express how glad I am to hear from him.
我無法表達我接到他的信時有多高興。
857. If Tom cannot keep his promise, he’ll lose face.
如果湯姆不能信守諾言,他就會丟面子。
858. I’ll still love her even if she doesn’t love me.
即使她不愛我,我還仍然愛她。
859. I received an invitation, but I did not accept it.
我收到一份請帖,但沒有接受。
860. If I were you, I would not be bothered by English.
如果我是你,就不會為英語煩惱了。
861. If you don’t work, you will fail to pass the exam.
如果你不學習,你考試就會不及格。
862. I’m thinking of hanging the lamp from the ceiling. 我打算把燈吊在天花板上。
863. It is more important to be healthy than bony slim. 健康永遠比皮包骨頭好。
864. Long ago, people believed that the world was flat.很久以前人們相信地球是平的。
865. Old tunes are sweetest and old friends are surest. 老調最甜美,老友最可靠。
866. She makes it clear that she doesn’t like swimming. 她明確地表示她不喜歡游泳。
867. The constitution guards the liberty of the people. 憲法保護人民的自由。
868. The doctor examined the soldier’s wound carefully. 大夫仔細檢查了戰士的傷口。
869. The harder I study, the better my English will be. 我越努力,我的英語就會越好。
870. The sun was shining and the sky was crystal clear. 陽光閃爍,天空湛藍。
871. This cellar room is very damp in the rainy season. 這間地下室在雨季非常潮濕。
872. Computers are becoming a part of our everyday life.
電腦正漸成為我們生活的一部分。
873. Every man is fool sometimes, but none at all times.
每個人都有愚蠢的時候,但是沒有一個人永遠愚蠢。
874. He dreamed of traveling to remote South Sea Islands.
他曾夢想到遙遠的南海諸島去旅遊。
875. How can I climb up that wall! I wish I were a bird!
我怎麼能夠爬得上那堵牆?我要是一隻鳥就好了!
876. However, Susan has not really made up her mind yet. 然而,蘇珊卻還沒有決定。
877. I really think a little exercise would do you good.
我真的覺得做點運動對你有好處。
878. I will never forget the days that I spent with you.
我永遠都不會忘記和你一起度過的日子。
879. We got a bad headache, and my nose is running.我頭痛得厲害,還流鼻涕。
880. Many young girls dream of being a fashion model.
許多年輕女孩夢想成為時裝模特兒。
881. Most of the earth’s surface is covered by water. 大部分的地球表面被水覆蓋著。
882. Somebody’s knocking at the door. I’ll answer it. 有人在敲門,我去開。
883. The number 513 bus will take you to the hospital. 513路車會帶你去醫院。
884. They celebrated his birthday with a dance party. 他們舉辦舞會來祝賀他的生日。
885. They misplaced this book under other categories.
他們把它錯放到另一個類別去了。
886. They played a shameful part in the whole affair.
他們在這一事件中扮演了可恥的角色。
887. As a matter of fact, he was pretending to be ill.
實際上,他是在裝病。
888. I will speak against anything I know to be wrong.
我會對所有我認為不對的事情直言不諱。
889. In spite of the heavy rain, she went to the shop.
儘管下著大雨,她仍前往那家店。

 

No pain, no gain.



相連文章

臉書留言