890. No matter what happened, he would not say a word.
891. No one knows the location of the hidden treasure. 誰也不知道藏寶地點在哪。
892. The old lady enjoys a quiet life with her family.
893. The population of the city is close to a million.這個城市的人口接近一百萬。
894. We are prohibited from smoking on school grounds.
895. Growth, however, brings new problems and concerns.
896. He appears to be your friend but I doubt if he is.
897. I am so full that I would burst with another bite.
898. I have two cats. One is white, the other is black.
899. I’m sorry, these 2 books are 3 days overdue.
900. Casper has forgotten falling off his bicycle.
901. Manners are quite different from country to country.
902. Not only did I know her, but I was her best friend.
903. The best-known movie awards are the Academy Awards.
904. We’ve got to do something about the neighbor’s dog!
905. Will you come and join us for dinner on Sunday?
906. Do you think people are a company’s greatest wealth?
907. He thinks himself somebody, but we think him nobody.
908. I believe I haven’t reached the summit of my career.
909. It is no matter whether you get there early or late. 你早到晚到都沒有關係。
910. It’s against the rules to handle the ball in soccer. 在足球中以手觸球就是犯規。
911. The nurse assisted the doctor in the operating room.
912. What I do on my own time is nobody else’s business.
913. What I want to do is different from those of others. 我想做的與別人不同。
914. You forget to write down the date of your departure. 您忘了寫離店日期了。
915.“I wish I’d known about that rule earlier”, she said.
916. Could you tell me your secret for a long, happy life?
917. He holds a position of great responsibility upon him.
918. It is said he has secret love affairs with two women!
919. Number 235 buses run much more frequently, don’t they?
920. They are only too delighted to accept the invitation. 他們非常樂意接受邀請。
921. We are going to have the final examination next week. 我們下周舉行期末考試。
922. And now medical care helps to keep people live longer.
923. Do you think you’ll be able to go to sleep right away? 你認為你馬上就能睡著嗎?
924. I am in charge of the company when the manager is out.
925. I borrowed a notebook from Tom and I lent it to Marry.
926. I’m doing some washing and John is cooking dinner.
927. Were there any exciting incidents during your journey?
928. As far as policy is concerned, I have to say something.談到政策,我得說幾句。
929. Could you tell me what the maximum weight allowance is?
930. He came out of the library, a large book under his arm.
931. The brothers differ from each other in their interests. 這幾個兄弟各有所好。
932. Although we can’t see these atoms, they really do exist.
933. I am familiar with the casual atmosphere in the company.
934. Most people eat, write, and work with their right hands.
935. Only by working hard can we succeed in doing everything.只有努力,才能成功
936. Take it easy, you will be all right in a couple of days.。
937. The Beatles represented part of the spirit of their age.
938. There being no one to help me, I had to do it all alone.
939. How much cloth does it take to make a skirt for the girl?
940. With all these mouths to feed, he didn’t know what to do.
941. I forgot to prepare the speech I’m supposed to give today.
942. It’s supposed to start at 6:00 sharp, but I doubt it will.
943. On behalf of my company, I would like to welcome you here.
944. She’s been quite different since coming back from America.
945. Today it is common that women and girls make up in public.
946. I have to transfer to No. 11 bus, but where is the bus stop?
947. I supposed him to be very clever but he was in fact a fool.
948. The rabbit ran to the woods and did not come back any more.
949. Tom and Mary congratulated us on the birth of our daughter.
950. I can’t help eating sweets whenever they are in my presence.
951. l am vacuuming the floor now and have several shirts to iron.
952. I will love you until the seas run dry and the rocks crumble.
953. There is a broken small old gray stone bridge over the river
954. No wonder people say that computers are taking over the world.
955. The enormous increase of population will create many problems.
956. There’s nothing better for you than plenty of water and sleep.
957. You should always depend on yourself rather than someone else.
958. I would like to express to all of you here our sincere welcome.
959. Many people prefer living in the country to living in the town.
960. Since I’m here, I’d like to try a typical dish of this country.
961. Walking up and down the stairs would beat any exercise machine.
962. Had it not been for the alarm clock she wouldn’t have been late.
963. How ever you may work hard, the boss will not be fully satisfied.
964. If he had not broken his tooth, he would not be in hospital now.
965. You might as well throw your money away as spend it in gambling.
966. Can you put me in the picture about the World Cup Football Match?
967. I’m usually just using the search engines to look up information.
968. He goes home early everyday for fear that his wife would be angry.
969. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you employment.
970. I will continue my learning, though I am tired of learning English.
971. Li Bai is one of the greatest poets that have ever lived in China.
972. Many people complain that computers are taking over their jobs.
973. The cupboards in her kitchen were full of things she did not need.
974. What he said did not annoy me much, for I knew he did not mean it.
975. He asked me some personal questions, but I would never answer them.
976. I don’t care where we go as long as we don’t have to stand in line.
977. She likes Mike a lot, but she doesn’t want to get married so early.
978. Why don’t you find a job and end this dependence upon your parents?
979. Will you please try to find out for me what time the train arrives?
980. A good knowledge of English will improve your chances of employment.
981. If she finds out you spilled ink on her coat, she’ll blow her stack.
982. I would be very grateful for information about entry to your college.
983. Mr. Smith knew Jack didn’t look at the others because he was nervous.
984. On being introduced to somebody, a British person often shakes hands.
985. I want to take a walk along the riverbank, singing my favorite songs.
986. Many people believe that overweight results from overeating and stress.
987. Yet all these things, different as they seem, have one thing in common.
988. All my best memories come back clearly to me, some can even make me cry.
989. This is the most wonderful day of my life, because I’m here with you now.
990. When I was young, I’d listen to the radio, waiting for my favorite songs.
991. I’m certain he’ll go to see the film, because he’s bought a ticket.
992. Unfortunately you’ll have to pay the fine before you check those books out.
993. Hi! You guys keep talking so loudly that I have to speak at the top my voice!
994. We should know not only the theory but also how to apply it to practice.
995. Combining exercise with the diet may be the most effective way to lose weight.
996. The maximum weight allowance is 60 kilos per traveler, excluding hand luggage.
997. You are just putting on a little weight. I believe you’ll get that off easily.
998. In many countries, more and more companies are replacing people with computers.
999. There are mice next to the refrigerator, under the sink and inside the cupboard!
1000. Nick did not break his promise, but instead he made his stance clearer than before.
I’m in a hurry!
A good knowledge of English will improve your chances of employment.
Don’t forget to keep in touch.
Make yourself at home.