There was a one-hour interview on CNBC with Warren Buffet, the second richest man who has donated $31 billion to charity. Here are some very interesting aspects of his life:
(以下摘錄自 CNBC電視台對世界排名第二的富豪華倫巴菲特所做的一小時專訪,巴菲特目前已經捐310億美元給慈善機構,他對於人生的一些見解非常有趣 )
1. He bought his first share at age 11 and he now regrets that he started too late!
2. He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers.
(他14歲時 ,就用他從小時候送報紙所賺的錢 ,買了一個小農場.)
3. He still lives in the same small 3-bedroom house in mid-town Omaha that he bought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a fence.
(他雖然富甲一方 ,卻仍然住在奧瑪哈小鎮的一棟三房小屋內 ,那是他結婚50週年後所買的房子 .他說他們家什麼都有了啊! 他家甚至連圍牆或籬笆都沒有!)
4. He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him.
(他都自己開車出門 ,也沒有請司機或保全人員跟著他 .)
5. He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world’s largest private jet company.
6. His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs of these companies, giving them goals for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis. He has given his CEO’s only two rules.
(他公司 Berkshire Hathaway,旗下擁有63家企業 .他每年只寫一封信給這些企業的總裁 ,把今年的營運目標告訴他們.他從來不曾定期主持或召開會議,他給這些總裁們的守則只有以下兩條
Rule number 1: do not lose any of your share holder’s money.
Rule number 2: Do not forget rule number 1.
7. He does not socialize with the high society crowd. His past time after he gets home is to make himself some pop corn and watch Television.
(他不太跟群眾交際應酬 .下班後主要活動就是弄一點爆米花來吃吃 ,跟看看電視.)
8. Bill Gates, the world’s richest man met him for the first time only 5 years ago. Bill Gates did not think he had anything in common with Warren Buffet. So he had scheduled his meeting only for half hour. But when Gates met him, the meeting lasted for ten hours and Bill Gates became a devotee of Warren Buffet.
(五年前世界首富比爾蓋茲第一次跟巴菲特見面,他覺得他跟巴菲特根本沒有什麼共同點 ,所以他只排了半個小時跟巴菲特會談 .但當他們見面後,一共談了 10個小時,從此之後 ,比爾蓋茲開始變成巴菲特的忠實信徒 ,獻身慈善事業.)
9. Warren Buffet does not carry a cell phone, nor has a computer on his desk.
His advice to young people: “Stay away from credit cards and invest in yourself and Remember:
他給時下年輕人的建議是「遠離信用卡的物慾 , 多投資自己並且牢記」
A. Money doesn’t create man but it is the man who created money.
B. Live your life as simple as you are.
C. Don’t do what others say, just listen them, but do what you feel good
D. Don’t go on brand name; just wear those things in which u feel comfortable.
E. Don’t waste your money on unnecessary things; just spend on them who really in need rather.
(與其把錢花在不必要的事情上 ,倒不如把錢花在真正需要的地方 .)
F. After all it’s your life then why gives chance to others to rule our life.