1. Anger begins with folly, and ends in repentance.
2. All lay load on the willing horse.
3. He who commences many things finishes but a few.
4. Courage and resolution are the spirit and soul of virtue.
5. Don’t trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
6. You cannot step twice into the same river.
7. It is always morning somewhere in the world.
8. Beware beginning.以謹慎開始。
9. A friend in need is a friend indeed. 患難見真情。
10. Strike the iron while it is hot. 趁熱打鐵。
11. It takes two to make a quarrel. 一個巴掌拍不響。
12. When shepherds quarrel, the wolf has a winning game. 鷸蚌相爭，漁翁得利。
13. single spark can start a prairie fire. 星星之火，可以燎原。
14. One’s sin will find one out. 壞事終歸要敗露。
15. A good name is better than riches. 聲譽勝於財富。
16. Haste trips over its own heels. 忙易出錯。
17. A watched pot never boils. 心急喝不了熱粥。
18. The greater the man, the more restrained his anger. 人越偉大，越能克制怒火。
19. Speech is the image of actions. 語言是行動的反映。
20. Better the devil you know than the devil you don’t know. 明槍易躲，暗箭難防。
21. Each man is the architect of his own fate. 每個人都是自己命運的建築師。
22. Birds of a feather flock together. 物以類聚，人以群分。
23. Talents come from diligence, and knowledge is gained by accumulation. 天才在於勤奮，知識在於積累。
24. An open enemy is better than a hollow friend. 寧有公開的敵人，不要虛偽的朋友。
25. A still tongue makes a wise head. 沉默者有智慧。
26. It is but a step from the sublime to the ridiculous. 從崇高到荒謬只有一步之遙。
27. Ordinary people think merely of how they will spend time, a man of intellect tries to use it.
28. This is courage in a man: to bear unflinchingly what heaven sends.
29. He that does what he should not, shall feel what he would not.
30. All mankind are beholden to him that is kind to the good. 行善者，人人銘記之。
31. It’s the easiest thing in the world for a man to deceive himself. 自欺是世上最易之事。
32. It’s easier to prevent bad habits than to break them. 防止染上惡習遠比消除惡習容易。
33. How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults. or resolution enough to mend them!
34. Trick and treachery are the practice if fools；they have not wit enough to be honest.
35. Thirst after desert, not reward. 渴求美德而非獎賞。
36. If thou injure conscience, it will have its revenge on thee. 傷害良心，將受到良心的嚴懲。
37. None but the well-bred man knows how to confess a fault, or acknowledge himself in an error.
38. If you do what you should not, you must hear what you would not.
39. An honest man will receive neither money nor praise； that is not his due.
40. The honest man takes pains, and then enjoys pleasure. 正直的人先經歷痛苦，然後享受歡樂。
41. Virtue and happiness are mother and daughter. 美德和幸福猶如母女。
42. A bad workman always blames his tools. 拙匠總怪工具差。
43. Sloth turneth the edge of wit.懶散能磨去才智的鋒芒。
44. A bad beginning makes a bad ending.不善始者不善終。
45. Life is a pure flame, and we live by an invisible sun within us.
46. Admonish your friends in private, praise them in public.
47. A bad compromise is better than a good lawsuit.吃虧的和解也比勝訴強。
48. Virtue never grows old. 美德永遠不會過時。
49. Every man is the architect of his own fortune. 每一個人都是自身幸福的建築師。
50. A lazy youth,a lousy age. 少時懶惰老來苦。
51. Learning makes a good man better and ill man worse.
52. There needs a long apprenticeship to understand the mystery of the world’s trade.
53. Patience and application will carry us through.
54. A good healthy body is worth more a crown in gold.
55. Behind every successful man, there is a woman. And behind every unsuccessful man, there are two.
每個成功男人的背後,都有一個女人. 每個不成功男人的背後, 都有兩個。
56. Every man should marry. After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.
57. The wise never marry, And when they marry they become otherwise.
58. Success is a relative term. It brings so many relatives.
59. Never put off the work till tomorrow what you can put off today.
60. The more you learn, the more you know, The more you know, the more you forget. The more you forget, the less you know. So why bother to learn.
學的越多,知道的越多, 知道的越多,忘記的越多, 忘記的越多,知道的越少, 為什麼學來著?
61. Barking dogs don’t bite. 吠狗不咬人。
62. What is done by night appears by day. 若要人不知，除非已莫為。
63. It’s never too late to mend. 改過不嫌晚。
64. Man proposes, God disposes. 謀事在人，成事在天。
65. Running water does not get stale ; a door-hinge is never worm-eaten. 流水不腐，戶樞不蠹。
66. Sweep before your own door. 正人先正已。
67. A hero is nothing but a product of his time. 時勢造英雄。
68. It is better to trust to valour than to luck. 靠運氣不如靠勇氣。
69. Ignorance is the mother of impudence. 無知是魯莽之源。
70. One careless move may lose the whole game. 一步不慎，滿盤皆輸。
71. Words are like bees, they have honey and a sting. 言語象蜜蜂，有蜜也有刺。
72. It’s only the idle will be tired. 只有閒人才會感到疲倦。
73. There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart’s desire, the other is to gain it.
74. Strong in action, gentle in method. 行動要堅強，方式要溫和。
75. He who mistrusts most should be trusted least. 最不信任別人的人最不應該得到信任。
76. Idleness is the root of all evils. 懶惰是萬惡之源。
77. Diligence redeems stupidity. 勤能補拙。
78. Knowledge is a comfortable and necessary retreat and shelter for us in an advanced age; and if we do not plant it when young, it will give us no shade when we grow old.
79. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
80. Become a problem solver. Keep learning.
81. Every cloud has a silver lining.
82. Do your best and then let go.
83. Don’t let other people walk all over you.
84. A life without a purpose is a ship without a rudder.
85. Don’t part with your illusions . When they are gone you may still exist , but you have ceased to live.(Mark Twain , American writer)
86. It is more blessed to give than to receive.
87. One needs 3 things to be truly happy living in the world:
some thing to do, some one to love,some thing to hope for.
88. How sharper than a serpen`s tooth it is to have a thankless child!
89. Life is fine and enjoyable, yet you must learn to enjoy your fine life.
90. The car will find its way round the hill when it gets there.
91. Don’t listen to what other say about you, lead you own life.
92. In life’s earnest battle they only prevail, who daily march onward and never say fail.
93. Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount.
94. A good head and an industrious hand are worth gold in any land.
95. An unacceptable love needs no sorrow but time- sometime for forgetting.
A badly-hurt heart needs no sympathy but understanding.
96. I am not afraid of tomorrow for I have seen yesterday and love today.
97. There’s only one corner of the universe you can be sure of improving, and that’s your own self.這個宇宙中只有一個角落你肯定可以改進，那就是你自己。
98. Four short words sum up what has lifted most successful individuals above the crowd: a little bit more.
99. You cannot improve your past, but you can improve your future. Once time is wasted, life is wasted.
100. Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people build their outer world.
【整理】賈伯斯 Steve Jobs 的名言佳句 （中英文對照）
【整理】瑪麗蓮夢露 Marilyn Monroe 的名言佳句 (中英文對照)